Friday, July 11, 2014

MOVIE Review: Transformers: Age of Extinction

Hi Movie Lovers!



Today I'm reviewing the movie Transformers: Age of Extinction.

Note: This review might contain spoilers about the previous Transformers movies

I have to be honest with you - I wasn't that excited about this new Transformers movie when I watched the trailers. I wasn't sure if I would like the new characters, but I was quite excited about the robotic dinosaur that appeared in the trailer (and Optimus Prime) so in the end I decided to watch the 4th part of the blockbuster series.

Details:

Title: Transformers: Age of Extinction (Transformers 4)
Director: Michael Bay
Genre: Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi
Lead Actors/Actresses: Mark Wahlberg as Cade Yeager
                            Stanley Tucci as Joshua Joyce
                            Nicola Peltz as Tessa Yeager
                            Jack Reynor as Shane Dyson
                            Titus Welliver as James Savoy

Movies with the same genre: Pacific Rim, Ender's Game, After Earth.

3.5/5

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Synopsis:


After defeating Sentinel Prime and Megatron's army in Chicago, the Autobots have gone into hiding after the government deemed all transformers as threats, and thus, began to hunt them all down. The government has thus replaced the Autobots with their own transformers using technology from the fallen transformers. Meanwhile, a mechanic, his daughter, and his daughter's boyfriend become dragged into the conflict upon discovering Optimus Prime in their possession, and all the while, a mysterious new enemy, Lockdown, sets his eyes on earth.

*This plot synopsis is taken from IMDB*

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●


"Autobots, roll out!" - Optimus Prime


My Thoughts:


First, the graphics are so well-done! There is so much more detail on the Autobots and I love the battle scenes and the slow-motion effect. Their 'car versions' are also getting more modern and the actions are a lot more fluid too, comparing to the previous movies. They had done really well with the graphics!



Speaking of Autobots, there are new Bots introduced on both good and evil side, each with a unique identity and bad-ass style: Hound (John Goodman), Drift (Ken Watanabe), Crosshairs (John DiMaggio), Lockdown (Mark Ryan) and Galvatron (Frank Welker). The new Autobots were really cool but they didn't get much screen time and I didn't get to see them much in action (especially Drift), so it's quite disappointing. However, bounty hunter Lockdown was a great addition to the movie, and personally he makes up for the lack of action from the new Autobots.

Hound (John Goodman)
Crosshairs (John DiMaggio)







*There isn't an image available for Drift .*

I, personally, loved the Dinobots! It was something that held my interest during watching the movie, but I was quite disappointed to see that they were only part of 10 minutes of the action. There were also questions* left about the robotic dinosaurs and I wanted to see more of the Dinobots. 


The human characters are great and the actors and actresses are really good portraying them in the movie, especially Wahlberg and Tucci. However, a weak point for me was how there wasn't a single hint of where the characters of the previous movie went. It was never explained why Bumblebee left Sam in the first place, being his most loyal protector. 

Haha sorry if the review was a bit short but it basically summarized what my thoughts are. I wouldn't say that Age of Extinction wasn't disappointing, but I was expecting more action from the new Bots and where the old cast had went. But overall the movie was great and the graphics were fantastic!

Thanks for reading!
Nashy (●‿●✿)


*Sorry, but the questions they left may includes spoilers, so I can't reveal them!

No comments:

Post a Comment