Friday, July 11, 2014

BOOK Review: The One by Kierra Cass

Hello Book Lovers!



Today I'm reviewing The One by Kierra Cass!
Warning: This review may contain spoilers about the previous books!

Firstly, do you know how long I was waiting for this to come out??
So I was SOOO EXCITED when my friend managed to borrow a copy from the local library in Auckland. I started reading and soon I didn't want to stop! 
The bestselling novel starts off with a rebel attack and instantly hooks me in for more...

Details:

Book Title: The One 
Author: Kierra Cass
#3 and the final installation of the Selection series.
Published May 6th 2014

Other books by Kierra Cass:
The Selection Series - The Selection
                           The Elite
                            The  Prince (Novella)
                            The Gurard (Novella)

4.5/5 Stars

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Blurb:

The Selection changed America Singer's life in ways she never could have imagined. Since she entered the competition to become the next princess of IllĂ©a, America has struggled with her feelings for her first love, Aspen—and her growing attraction to Prince Maxon. Now she's made her choice . . . and she's prepared to fight for the future she wants.

Find out who America will choose in The One, the enchanting, beautifully romantic third book in the Selection series!

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

"Love is stronger than war."


My Thoughts:

Firstly can I just say that I think the cover is BEAUTIFUl!! The dress is amazing and she is so pretty! I also like the 'reflection' effect the covers in the Selection series have. If you look closely each reflection seem to be different, and I think it symbolises the main character, America's emotions throughout the novel.


I laughed, I cried, I was mad and I was surprised throughout the final installation of the Bestselling series. The One had took me to an emotional roller-coaster ride. 

The story flowed really well and the suspense and questions we had during reading the previous instalments are answered. Kierra Cass's writing has greatly developed and improved and it was shown in the One. She is more descriptive and the timing was great. 

I think the characters, especially America, are more mature in this book. America used to be more rash and stubborn in the Selection and the Elite, but now she keeps her rash opinions to herself. And a great thing is now she knows what she really wants and she's going to fight for it! The book also shows how all the other Elites are feeling inside, and their relationship develops a lot more.

One thing that I really find annoying is that both Maxon and America would never say the three most important words - I love you. I'm pretty sure that both of them do love each other very much so why won't you put it out there? 

"Maybe Maxon did love me, but if he wasn't man enough to say it out loud..."

*sighs* America, you can say it too!

The ending is OK. I thought it was a little rushed and it seemed that Cass could've slowed down a little and include more detail about the other people who were affected by what happened.

If you have started the Bestselling series, be sure to finish it too because all the questions will be answered and you would never be bored reading it! 


Thanks for reading another review!
Thanks,
Nashy (●‿●✿)

No comments:

Post a Comment